Title block formalities

bjenk8100

Hello,

I had to create a title block for myself as a contractor. I never really had to make my own but had no problem accept for the fact of how to send dwg files out to others. I do not want anyone to be able to edit my title block. Just wondering the best practices for this. I know about attributing blocks and making title block an actual block and all that. I also know about explode command. That is what i do not like about creating the title block. If anyone knows something related please let me know.

Thank You,

Brian

Its called PDF.

If your contracted to some one else to supply the DWG you can ask them to sign a binding agreement, confidentiality etc that they will not change the dwg without say notifying you, they can not copy items out of the dwg for their use with out permission.

We insist that we hold ownership over what is presented to us within intellectual rights etc so its not just a one way street.

Its the same with Lisps if I do something as a contract we would come to an arrangement as to wether its open source, I want to sell it to others also or its 100% theirs as they are paying for it.

I am sure some one will post you a copy of their work contract.

I have worked for different companies and have been sent dwg files to add our scope onto drawing. Yes, we would not edit just turn stuff off that we did not want on our drawings. From what i remember they just sent the model not the TB. I think that is what I would do too. Just first time sending our file out to others.

I wouldn't stress too much. Titleblocks can be recreated in seconds from a vector PDF, and in a half hour if needed to be traced so if it's that important to someone to edit a titleblock there's not much of a barrier stopping anybody from doing so.

You can always use Titleblocks as an XREF and leave it out during an eTransmit process.

Out of curiosity, why is it so important to begin with?

-TZ

I could send something out with a revision date and someone change it and say they didnt exceed the time limit to revise could be something a lot of these maniacs could come up with. lol. The industry is cut throat. You are right though if they really want to they can.

side note. i am really struggling with ACAD 3D. I mine as well do it in revit and convert to dwg if i have to. its nothing like any of the other 3D programs i use. its so user unfriendly. unless it just takes a long time to get good at.