Lineweight

bjenk8100

Hey,

Just noticed no line weight icon on status bar in acad 2018. I know how to turn in on through options but I miss the toggle option in previous versions of acad. This done purposely?

I use Autocad 2013, so this may not apply in 2018, just curious if it is available in the Application Status Bar Menu drop down menu in the lower right corner, then access Status Toggles in the drop down menu. Just a guess, but I bet it is still there.

access your status toggles from the status bar.JPG

Look at your Status Bar. See those three horizontal stacked lines way over to the right? Click on it. Now look at the fly-out list. See the entry for Lineweight? Click on it and notice what is added to the Status bar. That's all there is to it.

▤ "hamburger" or "Customization" button is the right most one on the status bar in 2018.

LineWeight is just below 2D Object Snap.

My Status Bar options are much different that the default, thankfully they're easy to set and only need it once per upgrade.

Awe, great, finally clean things up. Interesting, never understood why changing status bar and workspace changes all drawings hte same way and new drawings open in the future. You would think your preferences depended on the template. I have 1 template open and a new dwg from different template open. If I change status bar settings on 1 template it changes the dwg too! WTH.

I'm still trying to figure out why they are not ALL enabled by default, right OOTB.

Especially since some of the hidden ones are enabled!

Don't get me started on the lack of [TEXT] buttons too.