Design Center - New Palette Tab

bjenk8100

Hello,

I wanted to run this by someone before I go ahead and mess around in design ctr. I researched online about creating palettes and they told me to follow procedure I attached. I just opened tool palette instead and right clicked a tab and created a new tab. I have a folders with blocks. I just drag and drop them in there. When I start a new dwg my palette still has my added tab. Is that procedure ok or do I have to go into design ctr instead. Only way I could make a tab in design ctr was by right clicking on design ctr folder. Then design tab showed. I know its in a sample folder but really do not like messing around in there.

Screenshot (3).jpg

picture is not even necessary I was here > C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\Sample\en-us\DesignCenter.

If I right click design center folder and make new palette it makes a new tab on autocads tool palette. I just want to know why not just right click tool palette and make new tab and drag/drop your own dwg and/or blocks into it from your own folder libraries. I know nothing about design center and that whole region. THen I see its stemming from the sample folder. I probably do not even want to be in sample, or do I?

autodesk directions were to right click design center folder thats why i ask. Might lead to question 2, should i even pay attention to autodesk knowledge site or utilize these type places

If you right click in the tool palette you can create an empty palette which you can then manually populate with whatever content you want to add.

If you right click on a folder in Design Center you can create a new palette which will automatically contain all the content residing within that folder.

It just depends on which way you want to go about creating new palettes. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-6B20D7DF-447A-4A8D-8FF1-8339CF54FFBD-htm.html

Ok, I was just more worried about if it will stay on palette or not. Thinking only way it would stay would be inside autocads folders. Seems like that is not the case.

thanks

I use the right click on the toolpalette usually. With the right click is also the option to customise palettes, which opens another dialogue where you can add palette groups and move and copy tabs between groups. If you are going to be using palettes a lot then it is well worth getting to know.

I use the right click on the toolpalette usually. With the right click is also the option to customise palettes, which opens another dialogue where you can add palette groups and move and copy tabs between groups. If you are going to be using palettes a lot then it is well worth getting to know.

Hopefully,

We should be in sync. I been using cad for awhile and palettes blew a few people to retirement. I love palettes. However, I have no idea what you are talking about. I just learned that i can just right click for my own tab and add blocks/dwgs. I do not know a palette group. I will research but sometimes well said by insiders!

I learned that wblocks can get put into palette and inserted and editing them will not edit copies of it. Whereas blocks will change all around, minus if you make it dynamic. I would like more than one block in a dwg so I do not have a dwg for each bock. Not really sure how to approach this. As of now I am just making folders with wblocks saved there of similarity. If I am missing the scope can someone let me know. I try searching internet and keep getting same old answer of block vs wblock.