@1,1 - cartesian coordinates

bjenk8100

Hello,

I was very surprised today. This guy who has been using cad for decades did not know that you can type @ then the coordinates and your new line will reference at the start point of new line and not ucs. Finally, I got him!!! For others, If you did not know that it is something you should check out. I thought that was like universal.

I get all these dyn commands confused I think. I put dyn input icon on tray. If I turn it on and draw a line, then a second one off end of first and type 4,4 or #4,4 both go off of origin. If i stick to what i have been doing and type @4,4 it goes 4,4 from endpoint.

Edited by bjenk8100

Understand 4 across 4 up

You might be interested in this could add the 45's say A B C D A4=@4,4

; draw a pline by direction Up Down left or Right use upper or lowercase
; by Alan H dec 2015
; this version is a metric/decimal version
; version 2 depending on request will be a imperial version
; 1'8 1/4" input d1.8.25 start with 1.8 = 1'8" then add second fraction ver 3

; how to use u123.45 D34.57 R102.6 l53

(defun ah:left ( / pt2)
(setq pt2 (polar pt pi (atof (substr ans 2 (- (strlen ans) 1)))))
(setq pt pt2)
(command pt2)
)

(defun ah:up ( / pt2)
(setq pt2 (polar pt (/ pi 2.0) (atof (substr ans 2 (- (strlen ans) 1)))))
(setq pt pt2)
(command pt2)
)

(defun ah:right ( / pt2)
(setq pt2 (polar pt 0.0 (atof (substr ans 2 (- (strlen ans) 1)))))
(setq pt pt2)
(command pt2)
)

(defun ah:down ( / pt2)
(setq pt2 (polar pt (* 1.5 pi) (atof (substr ans 2 (- (strlen ans) 1)))))
(setq pt pt2)
(command pt2)
)

(defun C:ahpliner ( / pt ans)

(command "_pline")
(command (setq pt (getpoint "Pick start point - Enter or C to finish")))
(while (= (getvar "cmdactive") 1 ) 
(setq ans (getstring "Enter L123 U456 R67 D78"))
(cond ((= ans "")(command ""))
     ((= "L"(strcase (substr ans 1 1)))(ah:left))
     ((= "U"(strcase (substr ans 1 1)))(ah:up))
     ((= "D"(strcase (substr ans 1 1)))(ah:down))
     ((= "R"(strcase (substr ans 1 1)))(ah:right))
     ((= "C"(strcase (substr ans 1 1)))(command "close"))
) ;cond
) ; while
)

Edited by BIGAL

Whichever is the default is displayed on my status bar as part of my MODEMACRO setting.

(setvar 'MODEMACRO
   (strcat
        "$(If,$(Eq,$(Getvar,dbmod),0),,* )" 	;The asterisk indicates the drawing has been modified.
;         "$(getvar,cprofile)" 				;Current Profile
;         ", $(getvar,wscurrent)"				;Current Workspace
        "$(getvar,textstyle)"
        " $(getvar,textsize) "
        "$(if,$(and,1,$(getvar,pickstyle)),<Group on> ,<Group off> )"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,1,$(getvar,osmode)),E))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,2,$(getvar,osmode)),M))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,4,$(getvar,osmode)),C))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,8,$(getvar,osmode)),Nod))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,16,$(getvar,osmode)),Q))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,32,$(getvar,osmode)),Int))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,4096,$(getvar,osmode)),Ex))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,64,$(getvar,osmode)),Ins))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,128,$(getvar,osmode)),Per))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,256,$(getvar,osmode)),T))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,512,$(getvar,osmode)),Nea))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,2048,$(getvar,osmode)),A))"
        "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,8192,$(getvar,osmode)),Par))"
        "$(if, $(!=, $(getvar,viewtwist), 0), Viewtwist: $(angtos, $(getvar,viewtwist) [, 0, 2]) , )"	;Thanks alanjt
        "$(if, $(!=, $(strlen,$(getvar,refeditname)), 0), Xref = $(getvar,refeditname))"
        "$(If,$(Eq,$(Getvar,PStyleMode),0),STB,CTB )"
        "$(if,$(>, $(getvar,dynmode), 0),$(if,$(=,$(getvar,dynpicoords),0),@,#),#)"	;Dynamic coordinate entry.
        " $(getvar, cmdnames)"
   )
)

With default setting I toggle Dynamic Mode On/Off with the Status Bar button like rkent.

I can simplify all that with F12.

That works same as the Status Bar button with the default setting, but my MODEMACRO setting checks DYNPICOORDS setting as setting it to 1 changes Dynamic Mode to Absolute coordinates.