LayIso not working correctly

Polly101

Hi guys

Im having trouble isolating a layer that has a lot of blocks on it. I select the block, click the layiso button and there is nothing on the screen. If i choose any of the blocks on the layer I want, explode it, then select it and hit Layiso it works and all the blocks are isolated and i can do what I like with them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Welcome to CADTutor Polly101. :)

I love using LAYISO, but I start the command, then select the entity when prompted, Verb Noun style, not Noun Verb, like you describe.

It might not make any difference, but there are some commands which are affected by the order in which they are called.

You might want to try it the other way.

Thanks - tried that but it still doesn't work. I think it may have something to do with the Layer inside the Block being different to the layer the block is on. Im sure I have tried this before (with the layers being different) and it has worked though...

In OPTIONS on your selection tab, do you have OBJECT GROUPING checked?

If you do, try unchecking it, SAVE the change to the profile, then try it again.

A long shot, but possibly will help you.

It sounds like your problem is because of objects on the block being on different layers to the block itself.

If, for example, your block is inserted on Layer1 then when you select the block, it isolates layer1. If all of the objects in the block are on Layer2, then Layer2 will be turned off by LayIso so the block itself won't be visible.

To maintain the visibility of the block you'd need to find something on Layer2 and isolate that layer.

dJE