AutoCADLT Tables

jaff

This is LT it doesn't do much of anything automatically, you can make it do some pretty fantastic things, but the keyword is "make" or manually, what exactly are you aiming for because I can't see what 34"x34" has to do with anything in the image.

what exactly are you aiming for because I can't see what 34"x34" has to do with anything in the image.

What I am trying to get accomplished here is to be able to set up/make some sort of format under the "DIMENSIONS" column that will enter the "x " (inches and times symbol) just by entering a number space number ( # space #). I hope this make sense. Basically I do not want to be entering the " x every time specially when I have hundreds of cells.

You think I can make a cell do this? and how?

This is the closest I can get, with just a quick look, it uses the number formatting type (within a table cell), it uses the "whole number" format add a suffix to both column 1 and 2, then change the border style of the respective cells, and use alignment to make it appear as though they join (I tried merge but that doesn't work).

The next thing is, this can't be entered as number space number, but you can either go down one column first using the enter key to move to the next cell down, or you can use tab to move across unfortunately unlike Excel where tab followed by enter for data entry moves down one row and under the original selection, Autocad tables will move down from the current cell, so using tab means resetting the next row down (time-consuming) or tabbing until you get to the next cell you want. I would personally go with entering one column at a time.

Table.dwg

Inside Excel using concatenate would allow this answer use 2 columns join in a 3rd and hide the columns. =concatenate(a1,"X",b1) but not in Autocad tables.

Edited by BIGAL