jumpy mouse cursor

gotchy

I don't know if this has anything to do with AutoCAD or not. What would cause the mouse cursor to be jumpy, and not have the ability to zero in on a line or intersection, but rather jump around it almost as if it were snapping somewhere other than where you want it?

Slow or jerky cursor in AutoCAD. Causes and some possible solutions.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Cursor-is-slow-or-jerky-in-AutoCAD.html

Or as Nukecad asked once when responding to a similar question...

''...but what about the AUTOSNAP MAGNET? (Tools > Options > Drafting)"

ReMark, I tried the magnet tool, that did not work. I also tried all of the other command line commands, they did not work. I am using version 2000

which may be the problem there.

cyberAngel, I could not find the toggle for the grid, I looked in Tools. Options, is there another place I should look. That one is the most likely solution

to my problem, the reason I say that is that the distance of the jump in the cursor corresponds to the approximate size of the grid.

Thank you both,

gotchy

i think first autocad users used the grid. To me that is crazy. However, I saw a guy make a sweet column/grid off of the grid command. He put grid at 50'x50', hence column lines for a big job. Revit can do it in 30 seconds though. Might actually have been that. I get lost sometimes see so many programs all day long. I like that 3dmax thing now very new to me.