Trying to create angled horse shoe

Datsun72

I am trying to complete a project. I can't create the "horse shoe" properly. I started with 2 lines than an arc and extruded. Then I drew a triangle and cut through. I guess this is why I am getting the step. Also I am trying to create the 2 extruded rectangles, but they just disappear. Finally I believe my large fillet is wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

horseshoe.jpg

horseshoe my work.jpg

I am trying to complete a project. I can't create the "horse shoe" properly. I started with 2 lines than an arc and extruded. Then I drew a triangle and cut through. I guess this is why I am getting the step. Also I am trying to create the 2 extruded rectangles, but they just disappear. Finally I believe my large fillet is wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

horseshoe.jpg

horseshoe my work.jpg

Seemed like an interesting enough problem so I drew it up as best I could unfortunately all I have is plain AutoCAD.

[ATTACH]62288[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the drawing. I see you used a triangle and then maybe an arc? How do you create the arc and then angle the whole thing?

I cheated. I created the two inclined surfaces flat then rotated each the proper angle. You seem to have an unnecessary crease in the larger of the two inclined planes.

I cheated. I created the two inclined surfaces flat then rotated each the proper angle. You seem to have an unnecessary crease in the larger of the two inclined planes.

I'm getting something like this:

horseshoe 2.jpg