Press/pull command

bjenk8100

Hello,

If you use press/pull command from 2D circles are you suppose to delete 2D circles after the command. Just sick of them popping up on quick properties menu. I know they arent there with solid extrude. Sometimes I have to do press pull for more complicated shapes.

Cant seem to geoconstrain in 3D. Looked it up on autodesk and it says geoconstrains are only in 2D. What??????

Edited by bjenk8100

The system variable which controls this behavior is DELOBJ (for delete objects), as shown you can change this in your OPTIONS on the 3D Modeling tab.

Look in your SYSVDLG, and you will find a wealth of information.

DELOBJ system variable controls this.PNG

Thanks,

Thought that was weird. Besides that, no geoconstraints in 3D. Real pain relying on wireframe to move stuff around by midpoints and what not. Cant believe you cannot constrain a center of one solid to another without snaps in a 3D environment.

Are you familiar with the 3D Object Snaps? If not, you should be.

No constraints involved, but they do have their uses.

The Center of Face one is pretty cool.

Edited by Dadgad

Constraints are essential. I like to be able to rotate and slide objects about other objects and what not. I think autocad is great for 2D. I wish Inventor was the 3D workspace. Back where I started. Autocad for 2D and Inventor, Solidworks and Revit for 3D.