Civil 3D COGO point text size in Map 3D model space

ktd27

I have a client map that was created in Civil 3D and I'm working with it as an xref in Map 3D 2016. Up until yesterday, the font size for the COGO points looked good...and then I changed something. I thought it was because I adjusted the ptype to absolute units from its default of 5%, but since changing it back the font size on the COGO objects doesn't change.

COGO point text is now unreadable because it is tiny in layout space. Can I control the AECC COGO POINT font size display in layout space from the Map 3D side of things? I know my problem is related to this thread -

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/cogo-points-text-size-changes-in-paper-space-versus-model-space/td-p/3322267 - but I still can't figure it out.

Hopefully it's an easy fix!

Sigh...cannot edit post. In the first paragraph I meant to specify that points looked good in layout space as well as in model space, but now look tiny in layout space.

What might have happened is that you imported something in Standard font, which overwrites the existing Standard. If the point labels are in Standard, the size may have changed.

Another likely culprit is annotative scale. Could you have changed the viewport scale?

I thought maybe the viewport scale was the issue, but a properties check shows that annotation scale, standard scale, and custom scale are the same (1:20). Could there be some other mismatch between paperspace and model space scales that I don't know about? I really don't know how much control I have over AECC_COGO_POINTs, but this is obviously a display issue that I've somehow created and not an original drawing font size problem... Sorry for the really newbie question!

Check the font size in the original drawing. Strange things happen when it's set to zero. While you're there, see if changing the font size there affects your drawing.