Setting Fraction Format in Alternate Units

Bill Tillman

Using AC 2018 again today and ran into this issue. I'm drawing in model space one-to-one and using inches for units. But I have to submit to a client who uses cm for units so I'm turning on alternate units for the dim style. I would like the alternate units to be fractions with diagonally stacked format. But I can't seem to find where to set this in the dim style settings.

I did try setting them to Fractions/Stacked but that ended up [2,85x;15/16] and no matter which dimension I examine they all have ",85x" in them which I have no idea what that means???

I always thought fractions were more or less discouraged in the metric system. One is encouraged to use a decimal fraction (ex. - 2.5m) versus a common fraction (ex. - 2 1/2m).

Sorry if my post was not clear. The primary units in this dimstyle are set to show cm. That works fine. The alternate units are set to show fractional inches. I want the client to see their preferred system of measure on top of the dimension lines. I was previously drawing using metric imunits but too many of my American friends were complaining about the format. So now I draw in inches and show dimensions with metric om top for the client. It's the alternate unit format that doesn't seem to let me set the fractions as stacked diagonally.

You seem to have two issues, the diagonal stack for dims and the .85x showing on the Primary units. Is that correct?

For the stacked diagonal dims, first go to Primary Units, set Unit format to Architectural, not below set Fraction format to Diagonal, now change Unit format back to Decimal.

Other than you having a suffix of .85x I have no idea on that one.

The x;15/16" stuff has me confused too. So here are a couple of screen shots to show what my environment is. BTW I'm running 2018, just installed a few days ago.

Capture.jpg

Capture01.PNG

What font are you using? Maybe the code for placing the alternate units below is not being interpreted and is showing as the x;

Change to another font as a test.