extrude problem

jeff james

I am a newbie, Am using Acad 2013. I did not know how to title question enough to search if it has been answered before. I have been doing exercises on Mr.Z youtube channel, everything was just fine. The cube project started and if I drew a square and tried to extrude it by same unit as x-y it always now ends up as a very short 3d box instead of all 3 axes equal. I have created gears and completed a 3d house with no trouble. what setting did I mess up?

i draw equal square with rectangle command typing any same unit. If units set to mm i enter 10 units for example for one dimension then tab and 10 for the next, enter, I get a perfect square, then I use tilt drawing a little and use extrude command, pick my square and drag it upward.... it follows upward ad usual waiting for you to pick a height, so I type 10 units in and hit enter.

I get a very short cube. it is as if Z axis units are less than X and Y.

Works for me do you have Snap on this may cause a problem. You don't need to be in a 3d view as you do extrude just feel confident and enter height when prompted then check -vpoint 1,1,1 You can use -10 to go down rather than up.

Still a problem, this is simple operation i have done dozens of times. I should be able to start a new drawing and draw a square and extrude it to a cube. the unit does not seem to be the same on z as it is in x and y. I can enter 1 or 10 or 100 units on each parameter and I currently get a square box that is very short.