Assigning Part Priority

ballsdeep89

Folks,

Just like most places, a large sheet of raw material is used to make multiple piece parts for an assembly.

I'm trying to assign part priority to my piece parts to ensure select parts are produced first (since they have second and third operations required - which means they take longer to produce than other parts).

Any advice?

Sounds to me like a Nested set of parts on a sheet. Inventor has this with the HSM plugin for Inventor that will actually nest and provide output for machines to product parts.

The 2.5 axis version of it is free and the full version is included with the Manufacturing Product Collection.

Other than using something like this you best bet would be to use a Sketched Symbol on the drawing to identify to the programmer or machinist that some parts are a higher level priority on fabrication.

We actually use SigmaNEST, though Im wondering if I can assign part priority on each piece part before we load the entire assmebly into Sigmanest. Perhaps in the iproperties?

Maybe, but two things to consider...

1. Does Sigmanest expose the Inventor iProperties for reading?

2. The value you assign the iProperty will be consistent for every project?

Maybe consider looking into Inventor HSM, its free (depending on your licensing) and won't cost you anything extra where Sigmanest will as you upgrade. Unless of course Sigmanest gives you features HSM won't.

• 2 weeks later...