HELP to make 2D drawing

gegenytibor

Hello guys,

I have a 3D model in Autocad.

I made a section with sectionplan command and made a layout with the section view.

I need this view in 2D with lines. every lines in one plan. How can I make it?

I tried the exportlayout command but then I lost the section.

I had every lines behind and after the sectionlines...

Please help if you can!

(I cant upload the file because it is 11MegaByte)

I'm not all that familiar with SectionPlane but what if you were to explode the section? Wouldn't you then end up with lines? A simple example:

SectionExploded.jpg

The object at the top is a section created using the SectionPlane command.

I copied the object then exploded it.

The middle set of objects turn out to be all lines. I randomly assigned some of them different colors to prove they are individual entities.

The bottom object is a single hatch entity. Normally this would be erased to reveal the lines. I retained it for demonstration purposes.

Thanks Mark!

It is not one part 3D model. It is an assembly and I cant copy it. I tried to explode that then the surfaces will delete...

Is it any chance to create from the layout view a 2D?

T

I'm having some trouble figuring out exactly what you got.

Have you tried the FLATSHOT command? A view created with flatshot can be exploded into lines as well.

Honestly, at this point I have no idea what you are talking about. I've given you two different options and you are telling me neither one suits your purposes.

Have you tried the combination commands of SolView / SolDraw?

What is the 3D model of?

Upload the drawing to a file sharing website like DropBox and post a link to it here. Perhaps after we have looked at it we can discern for ourselves what the problem is and how to arrive at a solution.

I'll send you a PM for your e-mail and I'll add you to a dropbox shared folder. I'll upload an image of the file and we cal take a look.

F7

Thank you Mark!

Here is the link:

https://we.tl/WdwdB5M2FZ

there are 5 section sign what I need.

I need only the parts before the section.

I can delete the red lines behind the section line (they are lines) but allways shows the parts behind the section line as well....

:(

If you can help please check.

Thank you

Parts behind a section would normally be shown as dashed lines wouldn't they? Note what happen when I exploded the section in the simple example I show above.

I looked at your drawing which I expected to be the 11MB model but isn't. I still cannot fathom what you are trying to accomplish. Perhaps someone else can assist you.

I am not familiar with sectionplan or section view but you forgot to tell ReMark that your drawing is made up of blocks. Sorry for jumping in if sectionplan & section view means blocks. Dont know what you are trying to do but you can explode, delete or move as i have done below.

ok file did not download will try again.

Edited by welldriller
drawing did not download

OK. I try to make it clear.

I have a topview from a modell in model space and i need vertical sections at the marked points. (1.jpg) I need this section with 2D lines becouse I have to work forward with it.

If I make a section plan the red lines stay behind the section line (because they are 3D polylines). (2.jpg)

On the layout i make a view what I need. (3.jpg)

But this view shows all the red lines behind and fron of the section line.

I delete manualy the red lines (4.jpg) and get the section view on the layout what I need. (5.jpg).

I made an exportlayout from this layout to get 2D lines from this view but it shows everithing not just the front of the section part. (6.jpg)

And they are 3D solid. compare the 5.jpg with 6.jpg...

Any idea to get the 5.jpg in to 2D?

1.jpg:

1.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

6.jpg

Freeze the layer that the 3dpolylines are on.

Where did you get the idea that using EXPORTLAYOUT would create 2D lines from a 3D model?

• 3 months later...

Hi ReMark, some great help from u thanks. But would you state to us the commands from the Interface or where such tools are located in the ribbon. I hv an assignment that wants me to exract 2D from a solid cube

Get me here mrthando@yahoo.com