Base View Fraustration.

DonovanPorter

Hi all.

i have been experiencing this strange anomaly.

i have created a 3D model of a buffer tank using AutoCad 2017.

after returning to the drawing after a few weeks, i am unable to update my already created isometric views. The Following message comes up "

Unable to perform the requested action. This drawing was last edited with model documentation in a newer version of AutoCAD."

which is strange because in our company we do not have a newer version of AutoCad.

i am also not able to create new views. i get the same message when trying to create a new view/s.

previous to this message i had another issue which arose.

when creating a new base view (parent view) i would not get the complete model. i would only get a angle iron or a plate.

i managed to overcome this by scaling the model up by 1.0001.

This was the only way i could get around this issue.

however i tried this with this current model and this did not work. i then copied the model over to a new drawing, i tried creating a new base view and got the message again.

i have contacted our service provider and they seem very stumped and are not really familiar with the drawing method of using base views or projected views.

i am really hoping that some one here can assist me. i have been forced to redo this drawing and i have been halted by getting this message again.

i can still work on the model but non of my views update and i am not able to create new views. Even though sometimes i create a new projection from an existing view i get the message that i has been successfully created , there is nothing to show.

i have attached a link to my Google Drive to access the said file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx25qgO1bh1wZ0hTRjFJWWxDdFk

Your basic problem (i.e. - views that won't update) seems vaguely familiar. I think there have been a couple of threads concerning the very same issue. Do a search of this site and in the meantime I'll try to take a look at your drawing as soon as I get a free moment. I have a tank fabrication drawing some engineer is hot to get his hands on.

It was quite the process just to download your drawing. That's the good news. The bad news is although I can see the buffer tank on my screen your drawing has locked up AutoCAD so for the moment I can't analyze it.

sorry for the run around to download. man i have been getting quite frustrated lately with this drawing, one moment it opens like a charm next it hangs like a fruit bat.

And hang it did.

Have you run any (or all) of these commands on the drawing?

Overkill

-Purge > Regapps (the dash is required before the command name)

-Purge > All

Audit (answer "yes" to fix database errors)

i have installed the AutoCAD_2017_Model_Documentation_Hotfix_64bit. i have encountered any issues with my current model,

im working through the rest now