Switching to another drawing in a running VBA session

ArjenB

My VBA application requires info from one drawing to be used in another one in the same VBA running session.

I need to ALIGN one drawing based upon 3 3D points from another draiwng automatically.

At the moment I'm running my application to collate the info from drawing 1, store it, close my application to open the other drawing and run my application again to retrieve the info to ALIGN it.

Any idea how I can switch to another loaded drawing in the same VBA running session?

Thanks!

I've narrowed the problem down:

I've created a combobox to switch drawings whilst my application is running and even ACTIVATE and REGEN the selected drawing:

ThisDrawing.Application.Documents.Item(ComboBox1.ListIndex).Activate

ThisDrawing.Application.Documents.Item(ComboBox1.ListIndex).Regen acAllViewports

all works fine, BUT

The GETPOINT line is only successful in the drawing that was active BEFORE I started my application and Fails in the other activated drawing:

The error I get in all other drawings I select and activate:

error.jpg

Anyone any idea what's need to be set before I can use it in the newly activated drawing?

Thanks

I've narrowed the problem down:

I've created a combobox to switch drawings whilst my application is running and even ACTIVATE and REGEN the selected drawing:

ThisDrawing.Application.Documents.Item(ComboBox1.ListIndex).Activate

ThisDrawing.Application.Documents.Item(ComboBox1.ListIndex).Regen acAllViewports

all works fine, BUT

The GETPOINT line is only successful in the drawing that was active BEFORE I started my application and Fails in the other activated drawing:

The error I get in all other drawings I select and activate:

error.jpg

Anyone any idea what's need to be set before I can use it in the newly activated drawing?

Thanks

have you already tested this proposal?