Need Urgent help plotting this.

CADLee

I have to plot this drawing on a 24 X 36 Size D sheet. At a scale of 1:50.

I have a sheet that size on paper space. When I go to the annotation to change the scale to 1:50, the scale does not work. It is to big.

Is there something I am missing here. The boundary of the drawing is about

1113' X 1725'. That is with the title block and everything.

I have attached file to possibly get some help

Thank Yall.

Aubrey_PLOT.dwg

there were two on top of each other i think. i have never dont a drawing like that. I made a new scale 1:750 and it got close in the one viewport i did not delete.

Ya, The guy (Architect) that I am doing this for somehow copied one on top of the other. He really needs it fast and with everything else I have to do, it was taking to much time to go through and delete things that are copied. Somethings are copied twice, some are three times.

He insists that it can be plotted on a "D" size sheet (24 X 36) at 1:50 Engineering scale.

.........Is there something I am missing here. ........

Yes. You are not using consistent units. You quote the sheet size in inches and the boundary size in feet.

AutoCAD only plots in inches, so the scale needed is either 1"=50' or 1:600.

Note that if every inch equals fifty feet then a sheet size of 24x36 would accommodate, if we printed to the edges of the sheet, the parcel in question.

24x50'=1200'

36x50'=1800'

The stated boundary of 1113x1725 would fit within the max limits of the sheet which is 1200x1800. This reminds me of the days when everything was drawn then printed from model space.

Thank Yall for the help. I was trying this late last night after a long day of doing the whole thing. I went to bed and said I will wake with a rested and cleared mind.

So I got up this morning and the help from everyone made sense. He kept say Engineering scale and I was doing that in AutoCAD 1:50. But like you said, it is 1" = 50' and that is what he was really wanting.

Thanks again.

i saw title block was done in MS. Is there a clear reason y people do that. Is that like a real old way or something? Id say 99.99% of drawings i see TB is in PS.

Yeah, the real old way. Back when the Neanderthals were still sketching mastodons on elk hides using pieces of charcoal.

We still get a fair number of CAD drawings done that way from outside vendors.