How to change size of all text within a block?

scoey1001

Hi all,

I am trying to change the size of the text of the 'dimensions' in this drawing. However they are in a block and when you edit the block they are no longer dimensions as it seems they have already been exploded?

Is there any way to change the size of all the text whilst keeping the justification correct i.e centre above the dim line.

Thanks for any suggestions.

9000-DRG-18-TY002_iss9_revC2.dwg

What size do you want it to be?

I suppose you could edit the block, select one piece of MText, use SelectSimilar, then open your Properties palette and change the text size there. Obviously if you make it larger the text will be a lot closer to the dimension line.

Please refer back to my first post.

Apologies i did not see the second line.

Thanks this is a good tip and will help me save some time. However it does as you say make the text cut through the 'dim' line instead of sit above. Suppose i am asking too much to keep it above the line whilst making the text bigger?! (i know some people are never happy lol)

I'm not a miracle worker although I played one on TV once. Maybe if it had been a text style it's possible a work-around could have been generated but it is what it is for the moment. If I think of a way to do it I'll post back.

I'm not a miracle worker although I played one on TV once. Maybe if it had been a text style it's possible a work-around could have been generated but it is what it is for the moment. If I think of a way to do it I'll post back.

It ok cracked it now! I did what you said (selectsimilar) then go to properties and select 'bottom middle' under justify. Then change the height and that sorts it! Thanks for putting me on the right track :D

I was just playing with that very same thing myself when I checked back. Well....the credit then is all yours. Glad you got it sorted out and thanks for updating us.