Adjusting the Smoothness of 3D Objects...

BPMC

I'm rather new to AutoCAD 3D, having come from an environment where I worked with IronCad extensively for years. I no longer have IronCad available to me, but I do have AutoCAD 2016. I'm doing pretty well with it, but I do have a question regarding a file I fed to a 3D printer yesterday. It has to do with the ability to adjust the smoothness of a curved object's surface. The object in question is, essentially, a ring of about 6" in diameter & 1" thick. Yesterday when I exprted it as an .stl file and sent it to the 3D printer for realization, it ended up with curved surfaces that were made up of a series of facets rater than a smooth, continuous surface. Is there a setting in AutoCAD (v.2016 in this case) that will allow me to adjust the smoothness of objects such as this?

FACETRES and VIEWRES maybe ISOLINES, these are system variables. You can also use OPTIONS>Display then adjust the numbers in Display Resolution section.

What Operating system are you using?