Very Old TurboCAD files

peterb773

Hi, we have some very old 95-97 vintage TurboCAD .TCW drawings which we would like converted. Tried Turbocad themselves and they do not have anything that old running which could do the job. They thought the files were tubocad version 4.

About 120 files need converting and we are obviously willing to pay a reasonable fee! An example is attached.

1045-1.zip

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterb773

• ReMark

• hakmawongzi

• David Bethel

So you can't just use a trial version of TurboCAD, open the files, then do a save as to dxf file format?

If only ! Yes, I obviously tried that but this version is so old. I sent it to TurboCAD but even they don't have any platforms that old running.

I guess I am hoping someone out there has Windows 95 still running!!

Have you tried looking for an online company that can do the conversion?

Do you have paper versions of the drawings?

Good call, I will have a look around, any recommendations welcome.

We do have some paper ones and that is not a problem, we can re-draw or scan them - it's the drawings we have which we know relate to jobs done 20 years ago which we don't actually know what is in them that is the problem.

And no one at the TurboCAD forum can help?

Do you have a copy of TurboCAD that would run on a Win95 computer?

I didn't even know there is a TurboCAD forum, I do know now though - I will post there thanks.

I have a more modern version of Turbocad but version 8 is the oldest I have found and that is too modern!

I loaded a very old version of TurboCAD and tried to open the posted tcw file and it says "Version 1.0 Drawing" and it cannot be opened. From what I can understand from the error messages, Version 1.0 file can only be opened by TurboCAD v1.0 or v2.0. Any other latest tcw file from the bunch that you can post for testing ?

I loaded a very old version of TurboCAD and tried to open the posted tcw file and it says "Version 1.0 Drawing" and it cannot be opened. From what I can understand from the error messages, Version 1.0 file can only be opened by TurboCAD v1.0 or v2.0. Any other latest tcw file from the bunch that you can post for testing ?

Thanks, yes it's old and all the files are the same age.

Thank you for going to that much trouble. I've attached the last dated files I have but I think you will find the same story. TCW 1997 files.zip

Don't know if this might help.

It claims to be a dump of the Turbocad 3D v1.0 installation files, guess you'd need an old machine to try and install the ISO on.

https://archive.org/details/KryoFluxDumps_201705

Edit - this seems to suggest that it would run on XP, or Win7 in XP mode?

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php?topic=18758.0

From what I found out, for some reason, all versions prior to v4.0 non-compatible and they suggested anyone upgrading to save the pre v4.0 files to .dwg or .dxf, prior to upgrading. I guess someone never got the memo or maybe somewhere there are .dwg or .dxf of those files.

Thank you for going to that much trouble. I've attached the last dated files I have but I think you will find the same story. [ATTACH]62468[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately you are correct. Same error message.

It claims to be a dump of the Turbocad 3D v1.0 installation files, guess you'd need an old machine to try and install the ISO on.

It's a DOS program and when I try to run it, its either looking for a Hercule or an EGA graphic card. Lol !!!! Hmmmm, what did I do with my 286 machine with an amber monitor ?

Anyway, good find but I believe we will need a Windows version of TurboCAD to open a tcw file.

It's a DOS program and when I try to run it, its either looking for a Hercule or an EGA graphic card. Lol !!!! Hmmmm, what did I do with my 286 machine with an amber monitor ?

Anyway, good find but I believe we will need a Windows version of TurboCAD to open a tcw file.

Thanks everyone for your help. I got a solution on the TurboCAD forum. Isn't the internet wonderful!

And what was the solution pray tell?

Someone on the Turbocad Forum had the installs for versions 1 & 2 - 1994 vintage!!, Windows 10 widn't like it so I then dug out an old laptop running XP which they installed on, they allowed me to open the files and then export to DXF. Hurrah!