Flipping Hatch Gradients when using the Flip function of a Dynamic Block.

Scottie Fox

Greetings all,

I've just joined the CADTutor site as I'm getting back into AutoCAD (using the 2018 version) and have very little prior experience (previously used AutoCAD 2008 / 2009 for basic balustrade drawings many years ago).

I'm trying to become a freelance draftsperson in the Aluminium window and door industry and am currently working on Dynamic blocks.

I'm using a hatch pattern on the glass with a gradient of 180 (so it appears lighter in the pocket) and have added several functions including a flip function into the block.

Unfortunately when using the flip function the gradient remains unchanged (doesn't flip with the hatch or change the angle to 0) and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using attributes for the extrusion codes / notes so I can mirror the block without any problems but it would just be so much quicker and easier to use the flip function.

If anyone can provide some insight it would be much appreciated.

Regardos,

Scottie.

I believe easiest option would be to mirror the block. AFAIK, that's how they work. Maybe someone else can work on something else that will work or maybe a sysvar that affects this.