Need Advice on This Rendering

Bill Tillman

They tell me I'm good at rendering but I know that there are artists on this forum who could beat me hands down with a #2 pencil and the back of a napkin. So any seasoned advice on how I could improve the lighting technique I'm trying with this model would be greatly appreciated.

I also seem to be having some difficulty with the materials. The diamond plate comes out looking somewhat real but it's still not where I'd like it to be as far as popping off the page and grabbing the viewer's attention.

Well, I'd like to upload the file, it's really just a simple file and I took out all the extraneous stuff I could and purged it several times, but even if I zip it up it's exceeds the 500KB limit for this forum. Can anyone suggest another method of getting it up for review?

You can put the file on Dropbox and post a link here. Make sure you run Etransmit though, to create the zip file, so we get all your materials and everything.

Also, can you post the render so we can see what's going on? I use 2014 so I won't be able to open your file.