Scaling in Model and Paper space

I have done an exercise in Model Space, with scale 1:2, and I have Formatted the Points to be 2mm, which is a good size for the model space drawing ( attached), and stored this in the template I use

When looking at the Paper Space Viewport, as the same scale, the Point Format is way too large ( see attached)

Can anyone please advise why this is so, and what I should do to prevent it happening now, and in future drawings

regards to all

PJattachment.php?attachmentid=62528&cid=1&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=62529&cid=1&stc=1

scale_01.jpg

scale_02.jpg

What is the current annoscale in modelspace?

I believe it should display the same if they are identical.

I prefer using annotative blocks for better control on paper.

Use points only for modelling..

Objects that can be annotative include:

Text

Blocks & attribute definitions

Hatches

Dimensions & dimension styles

Geometric tolerances

Multileaders & multileader styles

What benefit is derived from having a point on an object that could just as easily be accessed via an osnap setting like center or midpoint?

Why are you drawing to a scale in modelspace?

Everything should be drawn full sized in modelspace 1:1 .

Do whatever scaling you want to do, later, through your viewport.

Objects that can be annotative include:

Text

Blocks & attribute definitions

Hatches

Dimensions & dimension styles

Geometric tolerances

Multileaders & multileader styles

What benefit is derived from having a point on an object that could just as easily be accessed via an osnap setting like center or midpoint?

Points are wonderful for retrieving xyz with a attached fields. But you better have them in a block

Why are you drawing to a scale in modelspace?

Everything should be drawn full sized in modelspace 1:1 .

Yes !! Thanks for that comment. I meant to post this in Beginners, but landed here by mistake late at night.

My custom template , when opened, gave a model space scale of 1:2, and I never noticed this. Have fixed that, and the scaling of the Points in the Paper Space (Layout) returned to normal too. I have selected the Point format to be 2%, not 2mm as stated above.

I like using POINT command to give key point locations before drawing any lines and circles, especially using Relative command. I suppose that I could use relative command for placement of circles too, but still in the beginner stage, and open to any suggestions on how to approach a drawing

thanks all for your comments, much appreciated

The modelspace scale? You mean the modelspace annotative scale, correct? This scale, shown below, does not change the scale of the objects in modelspace. It only simulates what your annotative objects will look like in a viewport. It is used to facilitate placing, and spacing dimensions, leaders, and notes, and any other annotative objects nicely so they will look good and not obscure any modeled objects once they get to a viewport scaled to the SAME scale as your modelspace annotative (viewing) scale.

I use annotative dimensions, leaders, mtext, and the like. My work requires multiple sheets with multiple viewports set to many different scales. When I go to set my annotative dimensions in modelspace, I make sure to set my modelspace annotative scale to the same scale I intend to use in my viewport.

viewscale.png

annotative scaling messes a lot of people up. It is well worth researching it. Once you get that down your life can get much easier. Im sure this site has tutorials on annotative objects and youtube also can do wonders.