jaden16

What have you drawn so far? Post a screen shot or, better yet, attach a copy of the drawing you are currently working on to your next post.

Do you know how to create a 2D isometric drawing in AutoCAD?

Do you know what the significance is of the dashed lines in three of the four objects you are supposed to draw?

Were you also told what an oblique view is and shown how to draw one?

In the future, if you are going to attach something to a post either make it an image file (ex. - jpg or png) or an actual drawing (.dwg) file as not everyone has MS Powerpoint installed on their computers. Thank you.

Edited by ReMark

Oblique view of connecting piece. I used an angle of 30 degrees and the depth was shortened to 3/4 of the length shown in the diagram. I could have used an angle of 45 degrees and cut the depth to 1/2 of the length shown or any combination of the two angles and depth. Did your instructor suggest an angle and depth ratio to use?

Oblique view conn pc.JPG

jaden: What progress have you made so far? If you were expecting someone here to draw everything for you I doubt that will happen. Since it is your assignment you are the one who has to put forth the effort. We can assist you by answering your questions and demonstrating techniques but ultimately it is up to you.