Total Station Field Measurements (NEZ) to 2D Building Elevation

I have a need to take NEZ data from a traditional survey total station and project it to a 2D surface in AutoCAD as a building elevation. Does anyone have experience with this?

Is there a 3rd party application that would make this easier?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kasey

What have you tried so far? and what problems are you experiencing?

Are you using the best technology? Perhaps laser scanning and point clouds would be better.

Are you looking for a "one button" solution? and are there any financial limitations?

If you bring in all the points they will have XY & Z so you will be looking down from the top and see basicly a line if you do -vpoint 1,1,1 you will see your 3d points ok easy bit you need a control point and another point at same Z or just need to draw a line to repesent this, plus a true vertical line from this point also this is you plane of reference, using UCS you can set up a vertical drawing face using the 3 point option, next step UCS S say "front" then type "plan" you will now be viewing square on to the wall rather than looking from top so you can play join the dots now.

The other alternative is to use rotate3d and rotate the wall points so it is now flat on the ground.

I would be looking at stringing the points so you know where you are. You could use something like excel to join the dots simpler by using Line command or 3dpoly.

if you get stuck post a sample txt file of the points so we can have a look.

I think that you will find that it is easier to draw the elevation manually, rather than depend on some 3rd party application. But if you can find one, then good luck.

It is quite simple to draw an elevation if you get the coordinates in a particular format.

If you want to proceed, then I can help you. A picture of the original survey and a file of coordinates would be a good start.