Problem with Tool Palettes blocks need redefine

Hi Guys,

My name is Peter and this is my first post on this forum.

Was hoping if anyone can help me with a problem I have with Tool palettes blocks?

I keep on having to Redefine my tool palette blocks when I reopen my AutoCAD drawing file(s).

Is there a way to keep this Tool palettes blocks from needing redefining?

many thanks

Peter

If I understand your question correctly, you need to save your workspace once you have the toolbars where you want them. You can always update it when you make changes or switch between workspaces for different types of projects.

Welcome to the CADTutor forum!

If your version of AutoCAD is like mine, there's a combo box on the title bar (top of window). Mine says "Drafting & Annotation," but it could be "3D Basics," "3D Modeling," "AutoCAD Classic," or something else (depending on whether someone has already saved a workspace).

Once you have your workspace settings ready, pull down that box. Select the "Save Current As" option. It will ask for the new workspace name. Using your own name is a good idea, especially if there are multiple users. It's also a good idea to explore the other options on that menu.

AutoCAD will save your workspace, make it current, and reload it when a session begins.

Edit: You can also use the WORKSPACE command.