Isometric drawing given two orthographic views

The idea is that two views contain all 3 axis measurements, Height Width and Depth. And from that you can (usually) create an isometric to make objects more visually descriptive.

This is a common problem given to CAD/drafting students. Were you by any chance given such an assignment by your instructor? If so, post an image of the two views of an object that you were given. If you have questions we would be happy to answer them and even demonstrate how to go about creating an isometric projection.

There was a thread of a similar nature not that long ago. The student was given four objects to draw (each had two views). Two of the objects had to be drawn in an isometric view; two had to be drawn in an oblique view. If you have access to MS PowerPoint or a similar program that can open a PowerPoint file you can see the original views he was given and see a drawing of each type of view that I created.

This is a link to the thread. http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?102056-Isometric-and-Oblique-views&p=693058#post693058

Guys you are so great and caring, someone has contacted me via email and sent me some clips, and there's a friend from the link ReMatk sent who suggested YouTube!!! I will be submitting my Assignment in 2days from now- jus polishing up. Thanks a million times

SO HERE'S HOW:

Assuming that the views are each identical to their corresponding faces at the back of the "cube" xyz , use tge only side that is equal on those both views as the Origin and join the 3axes respectively and the "PLAN" view (or any absent view) will result automatically from construction

Fine and dandy if you have the views available. What if I handed you an object and asked you to draw an isometric view of it directly. Could you do it?

OK. Find and draw an isometric view of a commercial desktop full strip Swingline stapler. They are about 7"x1.5"x2". Very common in public schools and readily available at any Staples store.