How I can make 3d pipe according to these drawings?

Saqib_theleo

Hello everyone, I can make simple 3d objects but I don't know how to make 3d pipe as showing in this drawing. Simple 3d pipe is simple by making a circle and sweep it around the Poly line, but if someone can guide me how can I make this kind of 3d pipe I'll be thankful. Thanks.

3d Pipe.dwg

Hi SEANT, Thanks for your help, I tried to follow these steps you used, Step 1 to 3 are easy but after Surface Extrusion I could not get the Intersecting Line (required 3d path) by Intersect command. Can you please tell how did you do that and did you use radius command after getting 3D path. Hi Bigal, Yes making 3d pipe is simple but I was looking for the 3d path from these two lines. Thanks.

Edited by Saqib_theleo

Check your drawing and make sure the extruded surfaces actually intersect with each other prior to invoking the command. My guess is your extrusion of the top view is in the wrong direction. Why is the overall length of the pipe (end to end) different in the two views? The length in the top view is shorter than the length in the side view.

Extruded surfaces.jpg

Edited by ReMark

I used AutoCAD 2016 for the intersection - I'm not sure if AutoCAD 2010's Intersect command is compatible with Surfaces. And yes, I did reorient the UCS to create the fillets. Each individual path was then used to sweep a solid.

Hi ReMark, yes length is little shorter I didn't notice but not big problem, I just wanted to learn the procedure to make it this way and my extruded surfaces are intersecting with each other. Thanks.

Hi SEANT, ok but right now am using laptop where CAD2007 is installed. I'll try this with some later version and one last thing did you use 3 point UCS to reorient the UCS.Thanks.