PaddlesUpRiver

I've used AutoCAD for years and I've never had this problem. On one of my sheets I have a Location Map showing the general area of the construction project in a viewport. Then I have another viewport showing the state map which is suppose to sit on top the Location map. I also have some text (not in a viewport but on the sheet itself) with an arrow pointing to the project area.

The problem is no matter which display order command I use: the text, arrow, and state map always disappear under the Location map. But the Location map should be under everything. I've exhausted my mind trying to figure out how to resolve this -- even re-creating the viewports and whatnot to no effect.

Please help :cry:

The two maps are in two different viewports? Have you tried combining them so that they show up in one viewport? Failing that, could you paste the state map on top of the vicinity map in the image itself?

Combining them into one viewport doesn't work well because the overlap is too great. It really needs to bo offset and overlapped on the sheet and not in model space. Also it doesn't fix the problem as to why this is happening. Any ideas?

Putting all the text and images into one viewport took care of this issue. However, I have overlapped viewports before in AutoCAD before without coming across an issue like this and it would be nice to know what the problem is for the future.

Thank you for you help CyberAngel. :)

Does it plot correctly?

Could be a list of things causing it, including a bug in AutoCAD, corrupt drawing, graphics card and/or driver.

Can you post the .dwg, at least enough to see if the problem occurs on others AutoCAD and computer?