trouble with toolpalettes

sandiegophil

Hello,

I am having trouble with the text size of the toolpalettes. All other items are just fine. If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

I am running 2016 and 2018, 2018 looks great, 2016 looks like the image below

Regards,

Phil

attachment.php?attachmentid=62639&cid=1&stc=1

toolpalettes.jpg

Edited by sandiegophil

Is it possible that the icons have a fixed size? That is, once the text grows beyond a certain height, it wipes out part of the line above. I no longer use Civil 3D, so I can't check.

CyberAngel,

I have tried the option to change the icon size but have had no luck with the text issue. If anything else comes to mind please pass it along.

Thanks,

Phil

SLW201,

The toolpalettes text is the only place where this is occurring, all of the other dialogs look fine. This is only happening in 2016. I run 2018 on this workstation also, no issues there.

I did try the suggestion in the link you provided. It helps but then all of the other items scale down as well. Any additional suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

Maybe change the driver for the graphics card. Did it do this before you had 2018 installed?

My guess would be Windows 10 and 2016 Civil 3D problem, maybe also having 2018 installed related.

Why not just use 2018?

I use 2018 but support people that are still on 2016. I have to work on their files with them and just noticed this tool palette item a few days ago.

just odd to me that it's only 2016 and not both and also that it doesn't affect anything else.

I double-checked and cannot find any updated that are not already installed.

If you can provide any other suggestions it would be appreciated