Help with a bit of coding...

LosGirk

Hello friends,

Does anyone have a bit of code to handle this: My company wants to start using an Excel spreadsheet to track revisions so that we can ultimately determine where there are bottlenecks and where mistakes are being made so we can streamline our process. What I'm looking for (to the best of my knowledge) is something that would handle this scenario:

A revision is made on a job and the spreadsheet is opened and saved. Say there is already one (spreadsheet) in that folder for that job, it would rename the old one (something like Rev. 1) and save the current one as the new one. (Rev 2.xcs)

Any ideas?

As always thanks for your time and consideration guys!

What do you mean by 'the spreadsheet is opened and saved'.

Do you want to use AutoCAD to fill in the Excel sheet?

Do you want a list that you fill in, and gets exported to a excel?

Thanks for your interest Aftertouch,

You know, I hadn't thought about that, a list that gets exported might be nice. But what I meant by the spreadsheet is opened and saved is say the drafter did a revision, he would open a blank excel file from within AutoCAD, fill it out, and then save it. At that point I need something to determine if there already is an existing file, what revision number the existing one is, save a copy of the existing one with whatever revision it is; ex:Rev 2. (or whatever is current) and then replace it with the one the drafter just saved which in this example would be Rev. 3. That way an archive is being kept for reference.

Or, I like the idea about a list that would export and I guess we could just use one file and keep appending new revision into it...