Returning to previous editing screen

aloy

Hi everyone,

Previously, when I want to open a file in the editor, I am presented with the recent files I have been working on straight away. However, after running a lengthy file of about 2500 lines of code, resulting in a crash, I started getting a Visual Lisp console where I have to select the folder and give type of file before I can select the file. Though the program works fine now, each time I want to make a change I have to go through the same lengthy process.

How can I prevent this happening?.

Thanking n advance for a solution.

Aloy.

There is no doubt some registery entries etc that hold this info but no idea where. Some one more advanced in Regapp may be able to help or else it may be an old fashioned INI file some where.

had a quick look 1800 INI files none jumped out as relevant.

Google for "what files have changed" I am pretty sure that you can record what files are opened and closed etc may give some clues about the VLIde writing the file list.

BIGAL, Fearing virus attacks, I haven't connected my computer to internet. But some virus may have got in via pen drives. Perhaps that may be the reason why it behaves the way it does. Any idea about the files that catches the default settings of the vlisp editor and the way to initialize them at the start of autocad?.

In the Visual Lisp Editor there is no 'recent files' item in the drop down list of 'File'. How ever previously when you open the editor you go straight to the file you edited last time. I believe at the start of Autocad these default settings are executed. And for some reason this file may have been deleted or corrupted. When this happened for the first time an automatic message asked me to send a report to Autodesk.

In the Visual Lisp Editor there is no 'recent files' item in the drop down list of 'File'.

Sure there is. File>Reopen>Flyout

SQGaoCG.png

Regardless of that, the condition of the VLIDE is written to disk when AutoCAD successfully closes. If your routine is crashing AutoCAD, then those settings never get saved.

Try this. Open your file, then shut down AutoCAD gracefully. Then reopen AutoCAD, and then the VLIDE. Does it reappear automatically now?

you could also check if your configuration file (VLIDE.DSK) is corrupt :

http://www.geospecialling.com/index.php/2011/08/hacking-visual-lisp-ide-to-be-a-little-more-awesome/

Of course , you can use backups etc but keeping your files in a easy to reach folder (short path / add to favorites) is less work. But I agree , it can be annoying to have to manually select your files once in a while ...

gr. R

rkmcswain,

Sorry for the delay in replying as I travelled out of the country and it took me some time get internet to my computer at my home country.

I tried today exactly as you said, but results are the same. Reopen log is empty. Perhaps I have to re-install Autocad or do some thing as per the link given by rlx above.

Thanks.

Aloy

Dear rlx,

Sorry for the delay in replying as I had to travel to my home country and then repair the internet connection and the computer which might have got damaged due to weather conditions during my long absence. Thanks for the link which is very informative. I will try to do as per the advice in it or just slog on until I re-install autocad. However there is no crashing now and the program works fine now.

Regards

Aloy

BIGAL,

Sorry for the late reply. This is due to my travelling to the home country and the problems associated with getting the computer going with internet. I will try what you say,but I do not want to connect my computer with autocad to internet for the fear of spyware and all that, that may corrupt my system. Unlike in the country where I work, I am being bombared with Russian stuff.

Regards,

Dear rlx,

Sorry for the delay in replying as I had to travel to my home country and then repair the internet connection and the computer which might have got damaged due to weather conditions during my long absence. Thanks for the link which is very informative. I will try to do as per the advice in it or just slog on until I re-install autocad. However there is no crashing now and the program works fine now.

Regards

Aloy

if it works , it works... happens to me too so I have put a link to my lisp folder in my favorites / quick access so I'll never be more than one mouse click away...

:beer: