I'm trying to display as-built elevation vs design elevation, cut fill values +/-

Bruceybee

I've managed to export the points from 2 x dwg's to a spreadsheet and do the cut-fill calculations, but I can't find how to import the resulting cut/fill, it doesn't have a tool/facility to import CSV. Is there any other way I can display the cut/fill values in standard autocad 2016? I have deposited both design level and as-built dwg's and spreadsheet in google drive, here's the link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hG86NOYKA8JPazYSN5x_Kav-ARk5Ti9B

Now if anyone could please guide me through the procedure to*import them back in to display the cut-fill required at each point (to get the diff-Z shown) as displayed in col ‘L’ on the spreadsheet. Thanks,

Bruceybee

Had a quick look at data you can import points directly from a excel file as Point x,y,z on each line or directly as text note text has two versions depending on text style this example is for pre set height.

Text x,y 90 pointheight1

Text x,y 90 pointheight2

Text x,y 90 pointheight3

Look at this also http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?102294-Drawing-Site-Plan-in-Autocad-2D-using-Northing-and-Easting-value shows the excel formula. Using Concatenate is very usefull in these situations and is so simple then just copy and paste a column directly to the command line.

Hi BIGAL,

Thanks for your response, I don’t quite understand the first part,

Text x,y 90 pointheight1

Text x,y 90 pointheight2

Text x,y 90 pointheight3

So I tried the =Concatenate method, when I use the =Concatenate (with a C in the last cell of row G) method with a selection of my points and ‘LINE’ command in G1, it draws the lines, but when I change the command to ‘POINT’, it just places the first point in the list, and then asks for the centre of the circle (xls and dwg screenshots attached) which I imagine it’s taking the ‘C’ in G14 as ‘circle’ command. I also want it to display the cut/fill values next to each point on the dwg.

Bruceybee

Hi BIGAL,

Thanks for getting me this far with the =Concatenate method. It will come in very useful for other things, hopefully, as with the polyline in the example, but unfortunately not for the POINTS or TEXT. Now I have posted a query on how to import the cut/fill values as text into AutoCAD, Thanks again,

Bruceybee