Dynamic blocks multiple copies of every object within it!

Chambs

Hi,

I opened a file to finish doing a dynamic block I'd started working on a few months ago, and it had 4 copies of every line, point, block, that was within it, stacked on top of one another. I wasn't sure if I'd done it or if it was a bug, so I went to each item, selected 3 of the 4 copies and deleted, which took a while, then spent hours finishing the block. It worked perfectly. It was a drawer stack for cabinets. Earlier today I did the double cabinet door block, and it worked perfectly. I opened the file just now, and BOTH of the previously completed blocks had multiple copies of every object again! I've tried auditing and purging and resetting the block multiple times. Also, I noticed that, after no more purging can be done, if I try to use an action on the block, then reset it, I can purge again (an unnamed "U..." block for each time that I reset the block), if that means anything.

I can't even attach the file here. After purging everything but the block, the file is 1.8 Mb and the limit here is 1 Mb.

If someone could please help, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm about to explode, as I've spent hours on these blocks!

Thanks

Sometimes, you're just better off starting with a fresh file than trying to track down a problem.

You can post the file to something like DropBox and share the link here for people to access the file. I'm sure someone will clean up the file for you.

Last night, when I was trying to upload a cleaned up/purged copy of a file with the problem blocks in it to this forum, in order to mitigate the file size, I ended up with a couple copies of a file with just the single door cabinet block, since it was the most simple but had the problem, too, and both of those copies still have the problem this morning, yet when I looked in the original file that had all the blocks in it, the single door was working fine... I uploaded a new file w/all the blocks in it to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyb1lbw2ymq9on4/Cab%20block%20problem3.dwg?dl=0 . All of the blocks in this file have the problem except the single door, at least at the time I saved it. I have no idea what's causing this, which makes it so much worse, since I can't know when/why it might happen again if I were to try to remove all the extra objects now. I thought maybe it was a bug w/visibility states, maybe specifically with leaving VisibilityState0 in, but 1 of the blocks didn't even have its states added yet, and it still has the problem. I tried copying the single door block into a new file, using its actions, resetting it, auditing, purging, saving, reopening, then bringing in the problem blocks and doing the same, to see if they "corrupted" the single door one, but nothing seems to be recreating the problem in the single door, but again, the single door block in the file by itself that I created last night does have the problem...

Thanks, RobDraw, for the Dropbox idea. I can't possibly start these over, though. Even if I wanted to spend hours recreating these complex blocks, I couldn't trust that the same problem wouldn't happen again...