Count Pixel in layer

dynamo53

Good Morning.

i have a question and hope that somebody know a solution.

Example:

I create 3 different layer.

Layer A

Layer B

Layer C

Layer C includes for example overhead lines (3D) and now i want to know how many Pixels are in Layer C. Later i want to compare the Pixels from Layer C with the total Pixels in the drawing.

Does anybody understand my problem and can help me?

Thanks a lot and a nice day to everybody.

I don't.

Why would it be necessary to know the number of pixels in a layer and in an entire drawing? What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

BTW...there are pixel-per-inch calculators online but they tend to be used by people who want to measure the resolution of a screen.

@ReMark;

Thank you for your answer.

At the end i want to make a visibility consideration of different overhead line - configurations. I create different parts of cities with tramways and catenary systems. Then i vary different types of catenary systems and want to calculate the visibility (count the pixels because only the caternary system change, the background doesn´t). So i can appraise the different configurations.

I hope you understand. My englisch isnt that good.

@ReMark: No Problem, thank you :)

@SLW210: This is also possible. Each component have its own volumina. I think its no Problem to calculate the volumina of every component.

Maybe it will be a good Idea to create a script which calculate the volumina of layer "catenary system". But i´m actually not good in things like this.

Learned AutoCad just 3 Monaths ago.

Do you have an good idea to calculate the volumina of each components in one layer?

Do you mean pline width ? You can have very small difference 2.00 2.01 2.02 etc Another that may be useful is Thckness you can assign a different value to objects, but they will all print same width but you can compare them.