AutoCAD 2018 - not necessarily a bug; more like a quirk

ReMark

Every now and then AutoCAD 2018 will create a file with the extension .idw! Does anyone else here, who uses 2018, experience the same quirk?

The drawing referenced below is a 3D drawing of a tank farm that I am currently working on.

AutoCAD 2018 IDW.JPG

I pretty much knew what it was. What I don't know is the "why" of it. Cannot recall this happening in AutoCAD 2017 despite having created many 3D drawings in the program. Then along comes 2018 and SURPRISE!

I've had 2018 for a couple of weeks now, and no I haven't seen it do that.

Have you created any 3D drawings?

I just discovered that the .idw file is created when I open my 3D drawing and it disappears after I close the drawing. Odd.

I do have DWG TrueView installed. I did not use the VIEWBASE command in the creation of the drawing although I did use FLATSHOT.

One thing does occur to me. I imported two 3D IGES files (a valve and a bushing) from the McMaster-Carr website. Perhaps that has something to do with it. I will have to test that assumption.