+ Reply to Thread
    stargirl

Default from Layout to model!

Hi:

I have a drawing that someone sent me, they have the diagrams and all i need to use in the layout, how do i get to copy paste things from there to the model?

Thanks

Im using AutoCAD 2002, how do i know if i have express tools? I am really new at using this program. Thanks for your help!

Flores

Use "chspace" from the Express Tools. Change space moves objects from one space to the other (but you have to be in paper space to use this command).

Flores

Using
    AutoCAD 2006

Stargirl
    Are the diagrams in paper space? Search carefull the model space first (zoom/pan) and if you can not find them, return to the layout.

Select the diagrams, press CTRL+C or CTRL+X to place the selection to the clippboard. Return to the model space and press CTRL+V.

Do you plan to use those diagrams in other drawings too? WBLOCK out them and you can insert the block in the same drawing or in other one(s), in model or paper space.

What AutoCAD are you using? Do you have the Express Tools? If so, use the CHSPACE command as Flores wrote earlier.
    It's nice to be nice, but sometimes is nicer to be evil!.
    Tip: Please do not PM or email me with CAD questions - use the forums, you'll get an answer sooner.

stargirl

Default Thanks!

Thank you I dont know what did i do, because now i am being able to do the copy paste, i couldnt do it a couple of days ago but now it works!!!

Thanks !!!!

TevsR

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by fuccaro
    Select the diagrams, press CTRL+C or CTRL+X to place the selection to the clippboard. Return to the model space and press CTRL+V.
    Stargirl, If you use this method, don't forget about scale of your dwg. The best if you use command Copy with basepoint (copybase) and then paste as block (pasteblock). Both command are on shortcut menu of right mouse button. Then after scale adjusting - Explode.