Viewport shows annotationscale selector

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hi,

I'm setting up a new template and setting up different layouts with different papersizes and such.

When i create a viewport is shows a center grip and a selectionarrow much like an visibility. When i press it it will show my all the annotation scales (scalelistedit command).

i'm not used to this and we don't use annotation scales.

How do i make my viewports normal again?

I'm using Civil3d 2018 as Autocad (the C3D shortcut way, so not in a figure of speech), so that probably is my mistake in the first place :twisted:

I don't see the center grip, or the pop-up list arrow at all in 2018 LT. There must be a sysvar for changing that. One I am not aware of. But, not to worry. That scale list is your viewport display scale list, (Standard Scale in Properties) not the annotative scale.

Here is an operating instruction copied from AutoCad Help just now...

To change the display scale, click the triangular scale grip near the center of the layout viewport. You can also select the edge of the viewport object, and specify the viewport scale in the Properties palette.

I may try to figure out why I don't see that scale list grip in my new viewports. I've never known about it.

Yes, i noticed it too,

but im actualy happy with it, since we use annotationscales every day on every project. :-)

But i cannot seem to find any documentation of a variable to turn it off.

I believe it must be some systemvariable too, it was just there (like most weird stuff that happens in AutoCAD like the 'random' pickfirst or filedia command changes), i didn't notice it the first weeks of use :(..

But it's 'strange', and since the template will be used by others i don't want any spotted necks on my co-workers for changes they don't use or understand :).

I wonder if it has something to do with whether one displays the Annotation Scale button on the task bar. I do use the button on the taskbar, and the list you see does not show when I insert a new viewport.