Edge Band Symbol

ballsdeep89

Does anyone here use inventor or autocad for woodworking or making cabinetry? What symbol do you use for edgebanding??
I've been doing Millwork & cabinetry in AutoCad for about 12 years for many different shops and have never seen a "symbol" for edge banding.

In most shops it's understood that all edges are to be banded unless there is no banding available for a particular laminate or veneer color selection, or if the client specifically requests either a veneer or p-lam edge instead of the standard PVC banding. 99% of our cabinet edges are banded, so we use two general notes that say... Unless otherwise noted, all laminate panel edges are to be banded with PVC banding to match cabinet laminate selection. All veneered panel edges to be veneered to match panel color selection.

The shop will know what to do.

Of course there will be the client who sends redlines back with red "X"s all over because there are no symbols for FINISHED END, or even EDGE BANDING.

I throw them a leader with FE for Finished End occasionally, so I suppose you could do one with EB for your people, but only in section views. It's too minute for plans or elevations. Talk to the shop foreman. See what they need or expect on the drawings. In reality, the drawings are for the client. Our shop can turn out cabinetry with only dimensions and material descriptions.

Of course the existence of one EB means there will be EB-2 soon.