how to get preview of drawing on Autocad when set view on Large or Extra Large Icons

Sengna

I am using window 7 and Autocad 2016. how can i get the preview of the object inside CAD drawing when i have 10 or more files without open on by one. in the past i was able to see the objects in drawing without open the file, at lease it will give me some idea but i will eventually have to open them. can some one give me some advice, the Autocad icon looks like older CAD version.

Cad Icon 1.png

The change must be made in Windows Explorer. The three choices that will allow you to see the drawing file contents (varies by option) are Medium, Large and Extra Icons.

Look in the upper right hand corner of the window for the Change Your View icon. The arrow to the right will give you More Options.

The change must be made in Windows Explorer. The three choices that will allow you to see the drawing file contents (varies by option) are Medium, Large and Extra Icons.

Look in the upper right hand corner of the window for the Change Your View icon. The arrow to the right will give you More Options.

ReMark, i tried those 3 options from the drop down but it just increase the icons bigger, it didn't show the file contents.

Sengna

Does this happen only on your computer?

Do you see pictures on other computers?

Per your comments, i went to check with co worker on the same folder, it showed same as mine as the first attachment i post on the first thread. No contents

It depends also if they are old dwg's they do not have a bitmap image saved. Still pretty average to pick out a dwg form that tiny image.

I m not sure about bitmap, the drawing files were from 1996, would that be the reason?

The image is stored inside the drawing file.

If it is, it will be shown.

If the files are old, then there are no images.

The only solution is to open and save all the files again.

If you have many files, you need a lisp or program to automatically open and save.

Attach the original sample file, to check the presence of the image.

SLW210, i followed steps on post #7, I am still having the issue, i open each files and set new value for RASTERPREVIEW, enter 1.

On the File menu, click Saved for each files, after i opened the file folders, No preview contents show up. (sorry late reply)

Hi Tombu,

I followed these steps but it still didn't work. (Note; per instruction said On the View menu, click Thumbnails) i couldn't find any view menu anywhere after i finished step 1. i had the drop down list on top right hand where it said EXTRALARGE, LARGE, M, LISTS, DETAILS. any that i pick, still didn't work.

The image is stored inside the drawing file.

If it is, it will be shown.

If the files are old, then there are no images.

The only solution is to open and save all the files again.

If you have many files, you need a lisp or program to automatically open and save.

Attach the original sample file, to check the presence of the image.

I opened and saved again, didn't work, now non of my dwg files that i recently created, no longer show the contents.

Check the picture of this file.

Shows the picture?

when i opened and save this file, it won't show any content on the preview. It shows when i opened the drawing.