Adding rebar to concrete beams that is easily changed

Mijjlee

The company I work for has decided to use Inventor to draw and prepare our shop tickets. Does anyone have any thoughts about the best way to approach laying out the rebar? The layouts would have to adapt to the different beam lengths and the spacing would be according to the state in which it will be used. I would appreciate any and all feedback!

• 5 weeks later...

I would start by creating custom content center components, and then research the Frame tool which is available with Inventor Professional.

Major undertaking, but the times savings and consistency would eventually pay back your investment in time....I think.

The blog below has some screenshots of somebody using Inventor for steel detailing. So, anything is possible.

https://dddmodeling.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/just-experience-sharing-steel-structure-detailing-with-autodesk-inventor-professional/