Autodesk DWG TrueView 2015 cannot measure distance

yknysh

Was that piping and instrumentation schematic drawn to scale? My guess is that it wasn't. To test this theory I opened my version of DWG Trueview and attempted to obtain a distance between two valves on a similar type of piping schematic. The result was exactly what you are seeing....a question mark meaning it can't be done. Understand?

Note: If you press the F2 key to open the AutoCAD text window you will however see a distance. That distance bears no relationship to the true (in-the-filed or designed) distance between the measured objects. In my case the distance was 5/8" when I know for a fact that the two vales in the field are actually a couple feet apart.

Now, I opened other drawing with building and the situation is the same. "?" instead of measurement, but before I saw the data. However, I can see correct data if I put F2.

The distance should show up on your command line. If you have the number of lines to display at three or less you may not see it in which case you will have to use the F2 key.

I see "?" as soon as I choose some measurement instrument, for example "Distance"

As far as I can tell that's the normal cursor badge as RKM pointed out.

Ignore the "?" that isn't anything to do with the measure the command, reread the answers above, the measurement is returned on the command line at the bottom of your screen or open the command history by pressing F2

TrueView.jpg

Unfotunately screen grab won't capture the cursor, take a look at the image which shows what the cursor should look like to expand the command line. move your cursor over the thick line at the top of the command line and it will change the curs orto a double line with arrows up and down, then just click and hold your left mouse button and drag that line upwards to expand the command line

Bigger.jpg