Diameter symbol in MTEXT

slovenc0417

Our office has been using the archquik.shx font forever. One thing that always bothered me is that when using MTEXT I cannot get a diameter symbol.

I can type the symbol by pressing (ALT+0216), but the diameter symbol changes to another font, Arial in this case.

If I use the the symbol option while within the 'Text Formatting' window of MTEXT, I get the symbol, but again it changes font style to ISOCPEUR.

In either of the above scenarios I cannot then change the symbol to the archquik font.

See the screenshots as an example.

However, if i use the single line text command, I can type %%129 and get the symbol in the archquik font. Therefore, it is supported within archquik, but not when using MTEXT.

Is there anyway to get MTEXT to recognize the diameter symbol in archquik? And if so, is there a shortcut keystroke that can be incorporated similar to the ALT+0216 that I mentioned earlier?

Diameter_03.jpg

Diameter_01.jpg

Diameter_02.jpg

MText, from what I understand, uses a different coding than regular TEXT or DTEXT to pull symbols into strings of text. Some of the time, the font versions that Autodesk uses and deploys in their products are from before 2004, so they aren't Unicode and thus, MTEXT can't utilize them. Therefore, in order to get the symbols you need in MTEXT you must have the newest (Unicode) version of a font, or, use another font altogether. Ex. using romanS instead of roman.. ISCPEUR seems to be the go-to used by CAD to replace lost/missing symbols when it comes to some font types.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Edited by Incognito Cube
Grammar

Seems correct to me. In my online search an updated unicode version of archquik.shx was mentioned. It was called archqwiku.shx. However, the site referenced to download it from no longer exists. If anyone has a reliable source for Unicode fonts please let me know. In the meantime I will continue to search. Thanks!

After a 5-10 min search, I couldn't find anything for a DL for that specific font. However, I did find this in my virtual travels:

http://www.high-logic.com/font-editor/fontcreator.html

Might be worth investigating and possibly using the free trial if you're desperate to get the consistency you're looking for. Apparently with this program you can load a font file, and add/edit characters to make new ones in the UNICODE format. So, who knows? You might end up learning the basics to creating fonts ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Though, I'm unsure about the limitations that may be imposed with the trial version & I know my company's IT dept wouldn't just let me willy-nilly DL a new program like that.

Edited by Incognito Cube
Grammar, again..

To get a diameter sign in ARCHQUICK font, use the unicode string \U+0081

Excellent. Is there a way to include that specific code on the symbol list (third screenshot on my initial post)?