Top Posters In This Topic

• united

• BIGAL

• eldon

• rkmcswain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Steven,

I went to grab the dwg. and I may have actually forgotten to flatten this one particular line.....I will assume that was the problem as I did not have the problem of fillet command just a moment ago.

Monday afternoon afterall....

Whilst on topic, it seems AutoCAD's functions tend to have you covered pretty well for drawing tangential arcs and what not, it only becomes a little bit more tricky when doing transition curves, particularly more than 2 or more consecutive curves and if they're reverse or not. Circle-Tangent seems to handle those ok most of the time. Then just trimming etc.

Sorry about the, what appears to be, false alarm.

Its been a failing of Autocad that the Fillet command often does not work. We have other software and when doing an arc arc arc it asks an extra question to work out which of up to 4 answers is geometrically correct. It seems Autodesk just ignore this every upgrade. Using Circle TTR should have an option about trim excess would make life so much easier.

Definitely BIGAL, its a neat function Circle TTR and provided it is mostly correct, I can make do when Fillet doesn't seem to work (why would it work sometimes and not others?)

I also find it frustrating when filet has worked, but then when I go to trim the excess from the created arc and get messages like 'does not intersect with cutting edge' I get frustrated because it makes me question if its right or not.