Price Check

Skeeps

Anyone know what an average price is for a basic tower to run Autocad LT.

Matching the Autodesk requirements. I just don't know how you compare between graphics cards and such like when there's so much available, different brands etc.

I have been given a quote as £2,700.00 but is that fair? I just want entry level CAD on there.

Thanks,

Skeeps.

If Autocad LT is the main program that will be used, I would personally be looking at about 1/4 of that price tops. It is a minefield and there is so much choice available but £2,700 is way over the top.

I agree with Steven. To run Autocad LT, that quote is too high. The last computer I purchased, 4 years ago, cost me about $2,300 (£3,170.00) and I run about a dozen different CAD and 3D modeling/rendering programs as well as some 2D graphics/painting programs. So £2,700.00 for a computer to just run Acad LT is too much.

If it were me running Acad LT, I would get a computer with a minimum of 8gb RAM, a current gen i7 processor and a decent graphics card. That shouldn't cost more than $1,200 (£1,600.00).

Aussie answer our corporate buy of a HP I7 16Gb Nvidia 256Gb ssd etc $1,200 Aus. We were looking at one stage at HP All in one workstation thats with a large screen was not much more. Just looked at HP I7 16Gb 1Tb 256SSD 15.6" laptop $1800 Aus. Yes Could go to the new wafer thin at $3200 but this still way below 2700 pound after conversion.

www.harveynorman.com.au

Hahahahahaha, it must be nice to screw people over like this ;)

Dell XPS 8930 - £1,079

6 core Intel i5-8400 (for LT an i5 is you need)

Windows 10 Pro

16GB DDR4

256GB M.2 pciE SSD + 2TB HDD

nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

This will run LT and full AutoCAD ALL. DAY. LONG.

We can buy boxes all day to run Civil 3D, for around US$2,000

They are not super-duty of course, but enough for what we do.

I would think for AutoCAD LT, presuming your not working on giant DWG files, you could get a box for 1/2 of that and be in good shape.