Defining Tag Table Height...

Incognito Cube

Hey everyone :)

This has been an issue for some time, and no matter where I have looked, there has been nothing that even hints that it can be done. So maybe you beautiful minds can prove that wrong, or help me understand why this seems like such a ridiculous thing to want to be able to customize..

TAG TABLE HEIGHTS!

In the picture attached herein, I've got two curve charts side-by-side. On the right is my company's standard curve chart as is immediately after selecting my tags. On the left is a block chart I made to edit the height in between the text after I re-input all of the geometry by making each column of text into MTEXT and setting the line spacing to what I need.. :wacko: (I have a separate oddity here as well that I will link to once I've made the post, as it belongs under ACAD Quirks.)

Is there any way to edit the tag charts to set a definitive height between the text?? No dialogue box that I can find that is related to the charts/tags shows anything that has to do with the column heights.. :(

Edit #1: C3D 2014

Edit #2: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?102563-Here-s-a-Strange-One...-(Table-Tag-Height)&p=696201#post696201

TABLE HEIGHT.jpg

Edited by Incognito Cube
Added link to post about minor issue

@SLW210, I've attached a DWG which has three different charts going on as an example of what I'm talking about for y'all to poke around in. From left to right in the DWG we have the chart immediately after the previous draftsmen (:glare:) working on this particular project exploded the chart after creation. In the middle is my condensing work, as best I could do it in the span of right around an hour.. (The issue linked in OP is the ONLY reason this process takes so long. Aside from the obvious not being able to edit the spacing in tables..). And last but not least, on the right is the version I plopped into the MS for comparison purposes.

Now, whether or not this can be opened in regular CAD in place of Civil... I don't know, really. I don't see why not? Then again, who knows :roll:

@CyberAngel, unfortunately, no there isn't.. At least, not one in this iteration of C3D. If there is, I must be blind AND stupid :sweat: But I've had to create more and more templates for the other Drafters around here, so I've been messing with the table stiles quite a bit recently... Just haven't found anything. You CAN control every aspect of the text, however that does nothing to reduce the amount of relative space in between each text entity.

Edit: Please ignore the sloppiness of the far-far right linework covered in overlapping text. I threw that together willy-nilly

tag chart condensing.dwg

Edited by Incognito Cube
Note

• 2 weeks later...

SLW210's mention of Datalink has led me to the solution. Exporting to Excell, editing the tables, and importing back to C3D has worked for our specific needs. Thanks all :)

Edit:

This was a great temporary fix; see later post about solution to the issue, instead of the handy work-a-round here.

Edited by Incognito Cube

Sorry, I missed your question back when you posted it on the 17th.

From 3 or 4 to a few dozen, but most between 12-24. Parts list from SAP and nozzle lists for tanks mostly.

Glad you figured it out. It's very easy

It is a "AeccDbParcelSegmentTable" what appears to be hidden is the row spacing, as its a table but also a style it may be possible to edit the row spacing. Its a Parcel, Table style, line or curve. It may be possible to get inside. Just need to find the correct wording for the CIV3D object.

2nd suggestion is create a new table with correct row spacing rather than mtext and lines needs a seperate routine but similar to T2T then its one object. I have a pick column of text and do the same as T2T but will see if I can find time to create a table rather than text and lines. Should be able to automate the explode and window select to a couple of picks and where to place table.

Starting to get into it for any one interested

(aH:vercheck); this opens the CIV3D database for the correct version 
(setq lev1 (vlax-get *AeccDoc* 'ParcelTablestyles))

a dump reveals
Command: (vlax-Dump-Object  lev1)
; IAeccParcelTableStyles: interface IAeccParcelTableStyles
; Property values:
;   AreaTableStyles (RO) = #<VLA-OBJECT IAeccTableStyles 000001712ade97d8>
;   CurveTableStyles (RO) = #<VLA-OBJECT IAeccTableStyles 000001712ade9b18>
;   LineTableStyles (RO) = #<VLA-OBJECT IAeccTableStyles 000001712ade9d58>
;   SegmentTableStyles (RO) = #<VLA-OBJECT IAeccTableStyles 000001712adea198>
T

So it may be like other parts of CIV3D that you have to look elsewhere to find the table style

I am wondering if its part of the table style STANDARD

SOLVED

Alright, so this is a little embarrassing..

It turns out, that all these years I never tried to make a new table style from scratch... Well. I found that the table style that the company has been using for years and years had something wrong with it. I don't know if it was if they attempted to import it from 2009 to our current 2014 or what..

Essentially what would happen is when _TABLESTYLE is input to bring up the dialogue box, and you venture into 'Modify' you get a few options.. Namely, in this case, you get Margins. However, editing that with the table style that has been pre-loaded on all of our computers for years hasn't allowed any change to actually occur when that variable is changed. So for the longest time, I left it as such since we're usually to busy to be able to have time to play around with and fix issues like this.

Well, I had time. So I made a new table from scratch and sure enough... As soon as I input .02 or .00 for the Vertical margin... it worked. I saw the preview immediately update and the new table style, when used, was the perfect height and left us plenty of room on the face of our plat pages.

Thanks for joining me on this embarrassingly long ride. I appreciate the help! :bloodshot: :oops: