How can I use object snap with keyboards?

I would like to know if it is possible to designate Object snap (EndPoint, MidPoint, Center, etc) with keys.

For example

Endpoint "EP"

Midpoint "MP"

Center "C"

Thank

prax: Can I ask why it would be necessary?

It's because of my work (fire protection system) I think a keyboard shortcut would be faster.

The realization of fire protection system (pipes, sprinklers, pump room, ...) with a keyboard shortcut for object snap, I think it could accelerate the design.

So you are not making use of running OSnaps is that it? Did you know you could use the Tab key to cycle through them? Under Options > Autosnap settings are markers and tooltips enabled?

attachment.php?attachmentid=63087&cid=1&stc=1You can use Shortcut Keys as in this image. It's been many years since I did this and now I do not remember exactly how it was done, but you find out.

2018-01-22_122228.jpg

It's already available, 'command modifiers' whenever you are in a command you can use modifiers or overides to only allow a single osnap type but it only works for the next selected point and uses the first 3 characters of a snap

"cen" centerpoint

"end" endpoint

"mid" midpoint

"per" perpendicular

etc.

It is even faster for me (besides using the running OSNAPs) to use Shift-Right Click and use the menu shortcut on the keyboard, (C for Center, M for Midpoint, I for Intersection, G for Tangent etc.) the ones you use will be easy once you do it that way, much easier for me at least.

You could use the "F" keys, and make yourself a template.

I recommend the F keys for the osnaps, I have used them for years and really like selecting them that way rather than using running osnaps for most of my work.

You can edit the CUI to set the F keys for the osnaps. Open the CUI, expand the Shortcut Keys section, find the Snap, Endpoint command from the lower left list, drag and drop in the upper left section in Shortcut Keys, select that, go the the lower right section and find the Access, Key(s) line, pick once the the right of that and an ellipsis will show, pick that and hit the F key you want to use. Hint - make sure the caps lock is off.

accelerators F keys CUI.jpg

Edited by rkent

My $0.05 SHIFT+Right button mouse, sorry SLW210 did mention it just not the word Mouse.

Transparent defuns numbers do not have to match 
(defun c:1 ()(setvar 'osmode 1)) ; end snap
(defun c:2 ()(setvar 'osmode 2)) ; mid pt
(defun c:4 ()(setvar 'osmode 4)) ; centre

line pickpt '4 pickcircle '2 pick near mid of next object and so on

In terms of efficiency, it should be pointed out that the Shift-Right button mouse requires the mouse pointer to go away from the area of working to choose the required Osnap. More repetitive strain work for the mouse hand!!

But everyone should try all methods and go with the one that is good for them.

In terms of efficiency, it should be pointed out that the Shift-Right button mouse requires the mouse pointer to go away from the area of working to choose the required Osnap. More repetitive strain work for the mouse hand!!

But everyone should try all methods and go with the one that is good for them.

Not if you use the one key shortcut.