Autocad 2013 Won't Start after Use of Reg Cleaner! Help

raceware

I have a desktop with win 7 Pro installed on & had/have Autocad 2013 Mech installed on & working fine. Then I ran Wise Registry Cleaner on that came up with lots of problems which I had the reg cleaner fix. Well after the Cleaner did its job shortly after went to use Autocad & first error prompted : D3Dcomplier_43.dll missing can't find. So ent out on the web & installed the WIndows DirectX that installed the Dll file. Rebooted & attempted to run Autocad again & got error: Autocad won't start, I had got the Splash screen with First Initializing then the error. Opened Wise & restored Reg file but restoring the file didn't help same Won't Start. Reserach agin on web about the 2 stored Autocad creates when it gets registered may be corrupted to rename "*.old". Well that didn't work, so with that said I Uninstall 2013 Autocad & Fusion rebooted & re installed Autocad & Components rebooted

attempted start of Autocad again same error: "won't start" splash screen comes up but never make it to register. Does anybody have a clue to fix it?

Have you tried the repair option in Control Panel > Programs & Features > Uninstall/Change > Repair. It usually works better than a simple Windows uninstall then reinstall.

To get anything out of a full Uninstall/Reinstall you need to follow AutoDesk's instructions on their website on how to do a CLEAN uninstall. It involves a bit of manual reg cleaning. Just doing the WIndows uninstall doesn't do away with all the old files all the time. Then, if they are still there, the reinstall won't overwrite them. This leaves you with pretty much the same program code you started with, some of which has gotten bad data in it from the fact that the *.dll file was missing.

Those registry cleaner programs are pretty unsafe. Unless you know exactly (and I mean technically exact)what the programs and files do that it says you don't need, don't let it delete them.

If it was the Reg Cleaner that caused the problem a Windows restore point prior to when you ran the cleaner should work, if it was something else, going back earlier may work.

If that doesn't do it, you need to do a Clean Uninstall and/or Remove Autodesk Software (Windows). Also, How to do an automatic clean uninstall for Autodesk Fusion 360, if that doesn't work, How to do a manual clean uninstall of Autodesk Fusion 360

I'm a glutton for punishment, I have tried a "repair" no help & I supposedly did a Registry Restore but it also failed. I even could not "do a "Restore" as some how the "Restore" function got disabled & had no restore points, one issue after another. I did do an uninstall of the Autocad & Fusions & new install also to no avail, there's something I just can't find the cause of my issues. No registry Cleaners again for sure. I am trying now uninstalling all Auto desk programs I have & will address Auto desk Clean Install if anything I was doing wrong, thanks so much for the help, any further tips let me know, need all the help I can to get up & running all my drawings are in limbo!

Autocad Error2.jpg

I am in the process now , ran The Microsoft Installer Troubleshooter no issues found. Also attempting Auto desk Clean Install Procedures

As you have found registry cleaners can be dangerous.

They do not 'speed up' your machine, despite what some of them claim.

Left over, or even 'broken', registry entries happen in normal use and Windows ignores them with no degredation in performance.

You might save a few bytes by 'fixing' them, but that's all.

Registry cleaners (good ones) are a technicians tool used to help clean up virused/infected machines, if you don't understand the registry then don't use any registry cleaner.

Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners, here is their official statement:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

I think the OP knows that now.

D3Dcomplier_43.dll missing seems to be common on gaming sites for missing from DirectX and besides the OP I haven't seen any references to Registry Cleaner use causing it. This may be a completely unrelated problem.

Maybe the OP can see if the Registry Cleaner he used has a forum or some other form of support.

I get no other error messages just Autocad can't run. I will try the Framework & Compiler suggestions. Just for FYI I use Virtual Box & I created a Win 7 Pro environment & my Autocad installed & works fine. Something I just can't find is hanging up a

new install on my system I can't find. I am following instructions on the link below on a clean install from Autodesk that I'll see if it helps, although I have already tried other Clean Install procedures this one differs a little from the others. Any other tips are gratefully appreciated! Thanks

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/remove-windows-products#Uninstall%20peripheral%20applications

I would look into reinstalling and/or updating or maybe rollback on the drivers for your graphics card, because Virtual Box uses it's own drivers it would bypass driver problems. Your Original problem "D3Dcomplier_43.dll" is also Graphics related.

Ran the DirectX informed me I had the latest, I did the Microsoft .Net uninstall & reinstall. My video driver is an old one 12/2012 Intel. About ready to try another install will be in touch! I can't thank all of you enough for the help!

THANKS..................

Gentlemen, GOOD NEWS!!!! I got it back & working! Thank you all so much! It must have been everything combined!

Compiler, .Net, & Last Clean install ( it referenced a \Users\Public\documents\shared folder that I noticed all others did not reference to remove or just lucky ).

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I uninstalled some programs I didn't use anymore & when I restarted after uninstall had a message pop up "path not found " to one just uninstalled. So I thought the cleaner would remove the lines in the Registry to that program so I wouldn't recite that message at startup. Yea that worked fine!

When I looked into your original problem, D3Dcomplier_43.dll missing, most showed this problem after removing/installing programs, one of the programs you uninstalled probably used that .dll also. I am not so sure the cleaner was the culprit.