Forever opening

olecarman

Need a little help.. I use Autocad 2006 a lot and have for years, just my preference. I just got Autocad Advance Steel 2018 in December to start learning it. Both softwares are loaded on my computer. Last week I had to uninstall and reinstall my Autocad 2006 due to a computer glitch I had. It reinstalled just fine and it works fine now since reloading. However, since I reloaded it, it now takes 40 seconds to open a drawing when I click on a drawing file. It has never taken that long to open. Usually about 10 seconds or less. So what would be causing this slooooow opening in Autocad 2006 now since I reloaded it ?? Would the Advance Steel program have anything to do with it possibly ? Just clueless at this point..

Thanks

You might need to recheck your support file search path, etc., it sounds like it's looking for something it can't find. Maybe you killed of the AutoCAD InfoCenter previously and now it's back on. Could be a lot of things.

I wouldn't think Advanced Steel would be the culprit, you said it ran fine with it until last week.