How do you annotate like this?

murshed2010

Hi guys, I've recently started using AutoCad 2017 in University and i've been given an assignment to complete. One part I am struggling in is annotating like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63125[/ATTACH]

I am supposed to replicate what is shown on the right and what I currently have is on the left. I know how to use the dimension tool to draw lines and show lengths but I don't know how to show that "3 X 2 = 6" part to show that the line is divided into 3 parts with a length of 2m and I do not know how to move the numbers across the line instead of it staying in the middle or left/right side like the numbers 15 and 19 shown in the picture.

Please help me I need to submit this in 2 days,

Thank You

To input the "3x2=6" use the Text option of the linear dimension command. In other words, look at your command line. Note AutoCAD's response after you have picked the points to dimension between. It says, "Specify dimension line location or...[MText Text Angle Horizontal Vertical Rotated." Select either MText or Text then go ahead and type in the text you want to see appear on your screen.

Moving the dimensions like "15" and "19" can be done through the use of Grips.

BTW...please do not double post. It just causes confusion by splitting up responses. And please show some patience. I notice your second post was only two minutes after the first. We're all volunteers here not paid staff. Thank you.

Edited by ReMark

To input the "3x2=6" use the Text option of the linear dimension command. In other words, look at your command line. Note AutoCAD's response after you have picked the points to dimension between. It says, "Specify dimension line location or...[MText Text Angle Horizontal Vertical Rotated." Select either MText or Text then go ahead and type in the text you want to see appear on your screen.

Moving the dimensions like "15" and "19" can be done through the use of Grips.

BTW...please do not double post. It just causes confusion by splitting up responses. And please show some patience. I notice your second post was only two minutes after the first. We're all volunteers here not paid staff. Thank you.

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes I realized I double posted and wanted to delete the other one but couldn't find a delete button. I think it was caused by when I clicked Post but then went back and clicked preview.

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes I realized I double posted and wanted to delete the other one but couldn't find a delete button. I think it was caused by when I clicked Post but then went back and clicked preview.
To delete a post, click the Edit Post button. There is an option to delete there.